Located near the Lomas bicycle track on The Strip, the Press Shop was owned by Mrs. L.W. Hutcheson of Ashtabula.
The idea was to provide a spot where vacationers could press, or iron, their clothing.
Cost was 25 cents minimum or 50 cents an hour to borrow and iron and the facility.
It was open 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. in 1947.