This sign is located at N41 51.593 W80 57.308.
It’s a popcorn ball, no, it’s a Sno-Cone:
One of the strangest shops to ever do business on The Strip was “The Popcorn Ball,” a round-shaped concessions shop finished with stucco to look like a popcorn ball, or Sno-Cone. It stood
A 1935 Geneva City Directory credits this business to a Mr. Neil. Clara Jolly, who was married to Heber Spencer in the 1930s and operated Youngstown Manor to the east of the Popcorn Ball, probably rented the novelty to enterprising persons.
In addition to hawking popcorn, peanuts and other snacks, the ball provided bicycle rentals. The rental business was run by Clara Jolly and her sons, Robert Bennett and Edward Bennett Sr.
What became of the Popcorn Ball?
According to Janis Salcfas, Clara Jolly’s great-niece, Clara donated it to Spencer High School on Route 20 in Geneva. It was placed next to the football field, behind the school, and used as a concession stand and storage building for football . It deteriorated and was removed in the 1970s.