Geneva-on-the-Lake’s mail comes through 44041, the Geneva Post Office. However, at one time, during the summer months the resort town had its own post office.
The office was located in the New Inn, where the Swiss Chalet now stands. Mrs. Swan, wife of the owner, Gary Swan, would drive to the railroad depot in Geneva and meet the early train for the mail. She would be back to the resort by 6 a.m. to distribute the mail.
Postmaster of the summer post office was Eusebio Pera from 1920 to 1956. His son-in-law, Donald, succeeded him until the summer post office was closed.