The first Boy Scout camp in northeast Ohio was located at Geneva-on-the-Lake.
Camp Trails End was “just west of Chestnut Grove on the lake” according to a 1960 Geneva Free Press news story.
The camp existed from 1922 to 1926, when Camp Stigwandish was established.
The late Bert Reed of Geneva is credited with starting the camp. He was contacted in 1920 by the national headquarters, which requested that he talk to groups in the region about starting a camp. Albert Ford and A.W. Chamberlain assisted by giving time and money.
Ford was secretary/treasurer of Geneva Metal Wheel; Chamberlain was a merchant.