One of the original concessionaires at GOTL, W. R. Hayes also was responsible for bringing mobile homes to the resort town. He came to the village in the mid 1930s and operated concessions in Snell’s Midway.
In the 1946-47, seasons, Hayes exhibited a Palace House mobile home on a lot across from Eagle Cliff. He followed up with three mobile homes in 1947.
Hayes and his wife, who lived on North Ridge East, had a son, Robert.